Regional Science and Engineering Fair 2018
January 29 - February 1, 2018
State Tournament in Athens, Georgia - March 22 - 24, 2018
School Coordinator's Meeting - Tuesday, August 22nd, 4:30 p.m. at MCPEC Room 2041B
Georgia Science and Engineering Fair: http://www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/youth/academic-special-programs/georgia-science-and-engineering-fair
International Science and Engineering Fair: http://www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/sites/default/files/gsef-2018-intel-isef-rules-guidelines.pdf
Official Abstract: http://www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/sites/default/files/gsef-2018-abstract.pdf
Forms Wizard: https://apps2.societyforscience.org/wizard/index.asp
Required forms and approvals guide: http://www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/sites/default/files/gsef-2018-required-forms-approvals.pdf
2018 RSEF Coordinator's Manual, everything you need at your fingertips (click here).
School Fair Coordinators complete and return the CRSEF Forms and mark these dates:
- School Registration Form, Part I should be submitted to the CRSEF Coordinator by August 28th. This school participation verification is needed to plan display space, order awards and prepare fair materials. This form is on page 8 of the Coordinators' Manual.
- School Registration Form, Part II should be completed and submitted to the CRSEF Coordinator by October 20th. This form ensures that a School Science Review Committee/Institutional Review Board (SRC/IRB) is/are established at each participating school. Project Forms must be reviewed at the school level to ensure ALL needed forms are complete before submitting projects to CRSEF. This form is on page 9 of the Coordinators' Manual.
- Submit CRSEF Registration Fee of $50.00 by October 20th. Please submit a request for an LPO to the school district account office. Include a copy of the School Registration Form, Part One with the request. Ask that the check be payable to CSU.
- Plan to hold the school fair before December 2nd. Arrange a time for the RSEF Director to visit or assist with your school fair.
- Ensure that all project forms are received by CRSEF by December 15th. Do not fax project forms. Do not submit the original forms, only copies. Print copies of page two (2) of the Project Registration form for all participants attending the regional event. Dr. Seckinger is available between December 2 - 14 to visit your and preview submissions.
Home School participation:
- Review the project rules and guidelines as posted in the links above.
- Contact the school in your identified attendance zone by the end of August.
PROJECT CATEGORIES AND SUBCATEGORIES
Nutrition & Growth
Physiology & Evolution
BEHAVIORAL & SOCIAL SCIENCES
Clinical & Developmental Psychology
Sociology & Social Psychology
BIOMEDICAL & HEALTH SCIENCES
Cell, Organ, & Systems Physiology
Genetics & Molecular Biology of Disease
Nutrition & Natural Products
CELLULAR & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY &BIOINFORMATICS
EARTH & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Environmental Effects on Ecosystems
Internet of Things
Networking & Data Communications
Computational Energy Science
Fossil Fuel Energy
Fuel Cells & Battery Development
Microbial Fuel Cells
Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering
Ground Vehicle Systems
Recycling & Waste Management
Water Resources Management
Ceramic & Glasses
Computation & Theory
Electronic, Optical & Magnetic Materials
Combinatorics, Graph Theory, & Game Theory
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Antimicrobials & Antibiotics
PHYSICS & ASTRONOMY
Atomic, Molecular, & Optical Physics
Astronomy & Cosmology
Computational Physics & Astrophysics
Condensed Matter & Materials
Magnetics, Electromagnetics & Plasmas
Nuclear & Particle Physics
Optics, Lasers, Masers
Agriculture & Agronomy
Genetics & Breeding
Growth & Development
Systematics & Evolution
ROBOTICS & INTELLIGENT MACHINES
Languages & Operating Systems